Discovering your ring size can be as simple as heading to your local jeweler and having your finger measured and this is the most reliable way. However, there are also a few easy ways to assess your ring size at home.
To find the diameter:
If you have a ring that already fits your finger well, you can use a ruler to measure the inside diameter of this ring:
- Take your ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge.
- Take the diameter measurement in millimeters, and then use the measurement-conversion chart to find your ring size.
To find the circumference:
You can measure your ring size using a strip of paper or string.
- Take one of these measurement tools and wrap it around the base of your finger, marking where the paper or string first overlaps with a pen.
- Line up with a ruler and take down its length in millimeters.
- After finding this measurement, use the 'circumference' column on the conversion chart to find the corresponding ring size.
If the size of your finger below the knuckle drastically differs in size from the knuckle itself, measure your knuckle as well. Then, choose a size that falls more in the middle of these two measurements.
As with ring sizing the safest bet is to be measured for size at a jewellers.
However an approximate size for a bangle can be worked out by measuring across the knuckles.
- Make a fist with the hand the bangle will be worn on and measure the length from the outside of the index finger knuckle to the point between the third and fourth knuckle (so omitting the thumb). Use a ruler rather than a flexible tape measure.
- This measurement should equal the required inside diameter of the bangle. For example, if the measurement was 65mm you would need a 65mm diameter bangle. While this system works most of the time, it only takes a few millimetres to be out, and if you are not sure of your size it is much better to be measured professionally.
Most chains for regular pendant necklaces are 45cm or 42cm in length, but other lengths are available.
Length will be noted in description of the piece.
Please contact me to request a different length to the one quoted with the product.